I am a speaker, coach, and veteran with 20+ years of experience in leadership, operations, engineering management, and program management.
I am a technically adept systems thinker who inspires collaboration, leads change, and creates scalable processes across all business operating functions. As a fractional executive, I help CEOs build foundations for scale through leadership, organizational development, and process improvement.
I started my career in the US Navy as a Naval Flight Officer, Aerospace Engineer, and Program Manager. Four transferable skills forged in the Navy that continue to serve me well are:
- Leadership: US Naval Academy graduate, former naval officer, and effective leader. Leadership experience ranges from small engineering teams and medium-sized programs to entire sites.
- Management: Skilled at managing resources. Works well with people, knows how to get things done, solves the right problems, and inspires collaboration.
- Teamwork: Experienced in both building teams from and working with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and areas of expertise. Brings cross-functional teams together to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Adaptability: A multitude of experiences include – flying jets from aircraft carriers, leading flight test activities, managing technical programs, and giving the final spacecraft “Go!” for a satellite launch. Can adapt to the environment in any situation and quickly learn the issues, stakeholders, and influencers.
Since leaving the military, I’ve served in executive leadership roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility in operations, engineering, and people management. I am also an experienced COO adept at building relationships, discovering real problems, and delivering long-lasting solutions.
I make sense of and simplify the complex and challenging; find better ways to move forward and share them. I bring high emotional intelligence, balance tactical and strategic thinking, and add value to the organization through leading change, inspiring teamwork, and creating/improving processes.
Additional Skills & Expertise:
- Systems Thinking
- Continuous Improvement
- Change Management
- Strategic Alliances
- Relationship Building
- Marketing and Sales
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion